Welcome to the Info-Page of the Swiss Chapter!
The ARMA International Swiss Chapter was founded in November 2011, in Basel, Switzerland. It is ARMA International's only second chapter outside North America, and part of the European region. The foundation event was joined by 50 persons.
First Records- and Information-Mangement Training Offer by ARMA Swiss Chapter
ARMA Swiss chapter in collaboration with the Universities of Applied Science in Olten (FHNW) and Chur (HTW Chur) offers the first practice oriented RIM training in Switzerland for professionals of private enterprises.
The scheduled seminar is spread over five different dates between April and June of 2015. The seminar will be held in German, it is eligible for 2 ECTS points.
Please find further information with the flyer in the download section of this page.
RIM Professionals Meetup in Zurich
The ARMA Swiss Chapter will continue throughout 2015 with the bi-monthly informal meetups. These are always taking place on the last Thursday of impair months at James Joyce Pub in Zurich. Hence, the dates for 2015 are: 29/1, 26/3, 28/5, 30/7, 24/9 and 26/11 .
General Assembly Now Part of the Spring Meeting
As per board decision, the General Assembly (statutory part) has been moved from autumn to the spring meeting. This should lead to a more practical setup when presenting the balance of the last FY and the budget for the current one. The move was taken based on member input during the last GA.
The ARMA Swiss chapter gathers twice a year for its major meetings, one being in spring and the other one in autumn, whereas the latter is the main event with the annual conference. For details, please refer to the event page of this site.
For more frequent get togethers, please consider our bi-monthly meetups (see News section above).
Becoming a Member...
... is easy. Register as an ARMA International member, and opt-in for the Swiss Chapter. Annual membership fee is CHF 50.-. www.arma.org
Why Becoming a Member of the Swiss Chapter
ARMA Switzerland shall be a forum for members from the private sector, multinational companies and international organizations where english is the primary business language.
The mission of ARMA Switzerland is to network and educate records & information managements professionals within the country in a global perspective, with the following goals:
- Creating networking opportunities and communities
- Provide events/activities and a communication platform:
- support members to become more savvy information managers
- highlight the important relationship between information stewardship and business value
- Advance the profession by applying and establishing information governance standards and best practices based on risk & compliance
For a more detailed description of our goals, please read our paper "Why ARMA Switzerland".
The ARMA Swiss Chapter
The ARMA Swiss Chapter is a club according to the Swiss Civil Code, § 60 ff.. See bylaws for download. It has currently the following elected bodies:
- President: Jürg Hagmann, independent IG consultant
- Vice-President, Secretary: Jürg Meier, Information Architect, Managing Director, Fontis International GmbH
- Treasurer: Tolulope Olowoye, Records Management Officer, Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights
- Training & education: Stephan Holländer, independent Information Management consultant and lawyer
- Member surveys: Daniel Burgwinkel, Kompetenzzentrum Records Management (KRM)
- Membership management: Vera Nuñez, Records Manager, Archivist, Etat de Genève
- Tanja Aenis, Nestlé SA
- Uli Zipfel, F. Hoffmann-LaRoche Ltd.